It’s so true! “Health is Wealth”, you hear it and until you’re fading and broken you don’t consider the value of this statement. Today I’m thinking about it.
I can honestly say that I’ve been testing my health to the limits this Spring. I haven’t been eating as well as I know I should nor getting the amount of sleep that I know I need. After quite a bit of traveling and the stress of selling our home, my body is starting to shout at me and tell me to S-L-O-W down. It happens to the best of us, we go-go-go and then our body says, NO MORE!! So I’m obeying, I am saying no to invitations this week and going to be doing a lot more self care. That said, I generally have excellent health and I can’t think of a day I’ve spent in bed (besides food poisoning and pregnancy) in years.
Here’s a few tips that have helped me:
1. I believe in the power of pure, filtered water. 1/2 body weight in ounces a day.
2. I eat primarily a vegetarian type diet. I eat meat very sparingly, once a week. I make a lot of smoothies, especially green ones with spinach or collard leaves. I try to buy organic when possible.
3. I take supplements and love Omegas. I use doTERRA essential oils, in fact I’m a distributor of them and use them to completely replace my medicine cabinet. Feel free to ask me questions about them if you like. simpleabundance (at) gmail (dot) com is my email for that. I also have found it to be an amazing business, I’m making a generous full time salary with part-time effort.
4. I live near nature and spend a lot of time (when weather is good) going on walks and being outside
5. I take time for self-care. I get massages, go to the spa, get my hair done. I wear clothes that are in season, fashionable, and look good on my body type and coloring. I wear makeup. I adore jewelry. When I feel good on the inside, I feel great on the outside but the opposite is also true, when you feel good on the outside it helps you feel good on the inside!
6. I am a huge believer in therapy. I believe that if we don’t take care of our pain and emotional challenges they will show up in our body and we will pay for it. I go to Deena Jordan for energy work. Deena does sessions over the phone and is very good at identifying the root of our suffering, asking the right questions to release and help the client let it go. I recommend at least 3 sessions to get started. I try to have 1 session a month. I also go to Karyn Grant, she is in Utah County and specializes in music, massage, and aromatherapy to heal the mind, body, and spirit. I’ve gone to Karyn for 8 years and she is excellent at what she does, her work is based in healing through Christ. I have coached with Heather Madder and highly recommend her audios, coaching, and healing work. She has a lot to offer in this area. All these women are very talented, intuitive, and I trust them 100%.
7. I believe in natural health care and recommend Laura Jacobs and team for bio scans at Herbs for Health in Pleasant Grove. With a scan they can identify what is going on in your body, mind, and spirit and see what supplements, dietary needs you may have, and other supportive methods will help you get to feeling better. I have been going every 6 months or so and bring my children as well. They use a variety of natural health products and I’ve had excellent results.
8. I try to SLEEP deeply and well. I take naps at least once a week and I am committed to getting better at this at night!
9. I have found exercise that resonates with me- running/walking in nature, yoga, biking, and horseback riding (although I rarely have the opportunity! i want to create more of this). I have had a personal trainer off/on and I love the results physically from toning up.
10. I am committed to my faith and I know there is power in health when you have a clear mission, identity, and choose to be an instrument for God to do His work. I know that when I pray sincerely, study scripture, attend church and temple regularly I am blessed to fulfill my work at home and beyond with more strength and passion.
It’s always good to review what works for us in regards to our health, what about you? I’d love to hear what has been helpful for you.
This post was written by Kelly King Anderson, Founder of Startup Princess. Reach her here by leaving a comment or by messaging/following her on Twitter @startupprincess