10 Reasons Why You Should Attend a Conference in Person

I just completed a full weekend of conferences and I’m feeling recharged, motivated, and inspired. I went to the Smart Women Smart Money conference on Thursday and then to a 2-day Women’s Conference which was one of the highlights of my year.

images.jpgToday’s Magic Wand: Here’s 10 Reasons Why You Should Attend a Conference (in Person, not tele-seminars)

1. You may meet people with similar interests and experiences who may help you expand your network and circle of influence

2. Your mind may be open to new opportunities

3. Your mind may be challenged to consider new ideas and theories

4. Your heart may be inspired and encouraged

5. You may have an opportunity to exhibit, demonstrate, or share your product or service

6. You may have an opportunity to build potential partnerships and relationships that will help you personally or professionally

7. You might be inspired to write or create something new–a new product, expand an idea, develop a thought

8. You may receive answers to difficult or challenging questions that you have been considering

9. You may meet members of the media and establish new possible PR opportunities (this happened to me–2 radio and 1 TV producer who gave me their cards and want to do features ;))

10. You may realize how completely amazing your life is and be grateful for the mentors who wish to support you in your journey ahead

sup-conference.jpg

As you know, we’re busy preparing for The Startup Princess Make a Wish, Make it Happen conference in Utah. I wish you could all come… and if you’re local, I really hope you design your schedule to be there with us. We’re confirming the vendors, preparing the name tags, designing the decor and making the last finishing touches on our presentations because we hope that we can provide an event and experience that will propel women business owners into a higher level of purpose, life balance, strategic planning, and increase their support and network so they can increase their potential to succeed. We look forward to the opportunity to serve and share our resources and ideas with creative, bright, ambitious women who are courageous enough to follow their passions and dreams in business. I want to meet you, and give you a hug!

Enjoy an audio message from Becca Levie, Keynote Speaker of the conference. becca-levie.png

I realize that isn’t possible for everyone to be there so we’re recording the entire Startup Princess conference in video and audio, so you can still get the content. We’re pleased we can offer this opportunity! The video and audio will be available November 15.

Make your plans now…Make a wish, Make it happen!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

8 Responses to “10 Reasons Why You Should Attend a Conference in Person”

1. Janet Meiners on October 2nd, 2007 8:30 am

Kelly,
    You’re right – being there in person is ideal. Especially with this conference. I’ve noticed that your branding and style leaves women open to being who they are as well as businesswomen. There isn’t a sense of competition but of openness and community. It’s the ideal setting for networking and learning.
    The last event I went to I met Karyn. She’s now my massage therapist and I coach her in blogging. I also got to know Erica, Kristin, and other successful women.
    See you there – and looking forward to meeting Becca again and the other speakers.
    -Janet

2. Tracey Christensen on October 2nd, 2007 2:24 pm

I’m so looking forward to October 12, and being inspired and motivated! I’m of the opinion that no one does the networking thing better than women, and I appreciate your getting the ball rolling for all of us. Thanks, Kelly!

Tracey
    Now I Can Center for Intensive Therapy

3. Merri on October 2nd, 2007 9:12 pm

I’ve been to three StartUp Princess get-togethers and LOVED them all. There’s a lot of energy at the live conferences! I have met lots of women entrepreneurs, networked, and been inspired. I always walk away more motivated to get going on my own business ventures! And I also walk away with tons of new ideas running through my head.

4. Melissa on October 3rd, 2007 5:51 am

October 12th will be a great day! I am looking forward to learning a lot and being inspired by great women. I love attending conferences in person because I am always re-energized and refocused after a great day of education and networking.
    Utah Valley State College or bust!

5. startupprincess on October 3rd, 2007 7:27 am

Thanks Startup Princess friends! You’re RIGHT Oct 12th WILL be awesome and glad you’re going to be there…the energy and buzz is spreading statewide. We have people driving from Logan and Cedar City…even California! Are YOU coming? We look forward to meeting YOU and expanding our ‘kingdom of women entrepreneurs!’ The speakers are sending me their outlines and I PROMISE the business content is going to BLOW YOU AWAY. Make a Wish, Make it Happen-BE THERE!

6. Limitless on October 3rd, 2007 7:40 am

Hi! Those are really good tips, nice article! I really enjoyed reading it. I’ll be checking your site more often ;)

Limitless

7. Lori Harris on October 4th, 2007 4:24 pm

I can’t wait for the conference. This will be my first with Startup Princess. I have really enjoyed meeting new women in business and am inspired by everyone. It will be interesting to be a presenter as well as participant and i hope I get some great ideas.

8. startupprincess on October 5th, 2007 1:25 pm

Thank you Lori for speaking next week! We’re excited to hear your story and ideas too!